RYA & SAMSA Powerboat Skipper Licenses

RYA Powerboat Training Courses

powerboat1 We are pleased to be able to offer both SAMSA and RYA skippers training for the local market and international requirements for pleasure and commercial use. Powerboating requires a level of skill and knowledge not just to receive a license but also to understand the many situations you may encounter. We hope to give you the guidance that will make you a safe and aware skipper.

SAMSA courses are for Category R to B coastal under or over 9m vessels. This includes inland waters to 40 miles offshore for South Africa. The RYA / MCA training and certificate of competence is for anyone wishing to work or use vessels overseas. This can include superyacht crew, Dive operations, fishing charters, Support vessels to the oil and related industries and owning or hiring vessels for pleasure.

Please click on the link below to view courses available.

SAMSA South African training and licenses

RYA / MCA Powerboat courses and certification

International Skippers License

Recreational boating

Traveling abroad and using or hiring vessels normally requires the skipper to have a recognized certificate. We can provide the International Certificate of competence (ICC) for sailing and powerboating. Attending a qualifying RYA course will give you the certificate that allows you to register for the ICC. If you have previous experience but no suitable certificate you can book a direct exam.

Commercial boating

There are many rules and regulations concerning commercial boating. We can give you advice on boating related to.
  • Powerboats
  • Motor Yachts
  • Sailing Yachts
  • Super Yacht Tenders
  • Vessels used for charter, diving, etc
Drop us an email with your questions and we will see what can be done.

20160404 001    SRC VHF Radio course now available for South Africa and International use.

  If you use a marine radio you should hold the correct certificate. We offer the
  SRC certificate as a one stop process. This means you do not need to do any
  running around. we provide the pre course learning pack, course and manual,
  exams written and practical collect the certificates etc.

  If you have a marine VHF radio with DSC capability on your vessel when its time for survey you will need
  to show a 'Ships radio license' and the 'SRC operators certificate'
  contact us for any infomation. We can set up the LRC and GMDSS courses as well.